Shane is a Yachtmaster Instructor with unlimited patience and dedication to helping you get the most from your course. Known for his cool, calm approach to teaching and ensuring nervous students feel at ease on the water.
Debbie has previously taught both Power Boat and Sailing courses so has excellent all round knowledge, perfect when matching student needs to practical and shorebased courses. She mostly runs the admin side of things now (because somebody needs to) and will be the first point of contact for those of you looking to join us. You may still be taught by her during our VHF radio and First Aid courses.
About Go n Sail
Go-n-sail (previously Mar Menor Sea School) was established in 2007. We aim to provide sailing lessons in a professional yet relaxed manner, on well maintained yachts with good quality home made food.
Our Philosophy & Values
Same, same but different – Same great product, Same Instructor training but it’s the little things we do that make us different!
We love passing on our knowledge and hope we can inspire you to follow your boating dreams. Learning to sail is not as difficult as some people would have you believe. The basics can be mastered quickly on the Start Sailing and Competent Crew courses allowing you to put into practice what you have learned.
However, there are no short-cuts and to become truly competent takes a lifetime, in fact you never stop learning even having achieved the dizzy heights of Yachtmaster you would be amazed at how much more you can learn.
Sailing can be compared to building a house, get the foundations right and the house will serve you well for many years to come, ignore the foundations and you are left with a dangerous pile of rubble that nobody wants to go near.
We are committed to providing you with a friendly, professional service. Come and join us on your preferred sailing experience and see if you agree with the views of our previous customers!
– Shane & Debbie Cole
All Instructors are fully qualified and have undergone additional training to achieve the RYA/MCA Commercial Endorsement, so rest assured you’re in good hands.
Our Yacht "El Rubicon"
El Rubicon or ‘Rubi’ as she is more affectionately named is a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37, we find her to be the perfect sail training vessel, quick, responsive, easy to handle and safe on the open water. Being a Jeanneau she has a high level of comfort throughout her 3 double cabins and spacious saloon.
Equipment on board includes DSC/VHF radio, EPIRB, Raymarine Axiom MFD, autopilot, AIS, staysail and cruising chute. New genoa and main from Hyde sails fitted latter part of 2018.
The large cockpit is ideal for enjoying a well earned beer following a hard days sailing, it also means that you are rarely on top of each other. With only 3 students to one instructor you can relax and enjoy the sailing, allowing you to absorb the new skills you will be acquiring.
To see pictures of the yachts and layouts, please visit our Facebook page.
We are now looking for a second yacht to include in our fleet, if you have a suitable coded vessel between 30ft – 40ft please contact us.
How To Get To Us
|Airlines Flying To Faro||Airlines Flying To Seville|
|British Airways||British Airways|
|Air Berlin||Air Berlin|
|TAP Portugal||TAP Portugal|
There is a connection by train from Faro to Vila Real de Santo Antonio, this takes approximately 1 hour with a cost of around 5.25€. Both are followed then by a short ferry ride to cross the Guadiana River which is currently 1.90€ to Ayamonte .
There is a connection by bus from Faro to Vila Real de Santo Antonio, this takes around 1 hour 40 mins with a cost of around 5.50€, from there you cross the Guadiana River by ferry which will arrive in Ayamonte just 10 minutes later, currently 1.90€.
Airport Shuttle Service
There are a few transfer options from Faro Airport
We recommend a transfer company Sunline Transfers, this is the easiest, hassle free, door to door service and cost 60€ each way for the private transfer (up to 4 people) or 65€ for the quicker motorway route.
The other option is an Airport Shuttle (shared bus) which takes you door to a nearby hotel (5 minute walk from the marina). Transfer time is around 1hr 10 minutes and costs 30€ per person each way, but it can take anything up to 2 hours 30 minutes (this extended time is very rare, it is normally around 1 hour 15 minutes).
From Sevilla Airport there is also a transfer available but this costs in the region of 150€ each way per vehicle, not the cheapest way to travel but it is a door to door service from Sevilla to Ayamonte.
Terms & Conditions
We have to have some small print, so here it is!
- Telephone bookings will be held without deposit for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Deposits are non-refundable
- The balance is due one month before sailing. In the event of non payment we reserve the right to re-sell your place and the deposit will be forfeited.
- In the event of cancellation prior to the final balance being paid only the deposit will be lost. If cancellation is after the final payment date the client is liable to pay to outstanding balance should we be unable to re-sell the place. At the company’s discretion we may transfer the reservation to an alternative date.
- We reserve the right to alter the published schedule to substitute an alternative vessel. If this is unacceptable a full refund shall be offered proportional to the course already completed. No responsibility what so ever will be accepted for air fares or other costs.
- The company shall not accept claims and shall not be liable at any time for claims or expenses caused by circumstances beyond its control including sickness, accident, travel delays, theft, weather, strikes, war or civil unrest.
- In the event of the company canceling a course we shall be liable only for the full refund of fees paid. No payment will be paid for incidental costs.
- No student shall bring aboard any contraband, drugs or other illegal substances. Such action will result in immediate expulsion from the course and no claim will be accepted for refunds or any other costs.
- Signing of the booking form signifies acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- In the event a dispute is not settled by mutual agreement it is agreed that ‘The British Law Society’ shall appoint an arbiter whose decision shall be final and that wherever the dispute occurred both the client and the company shall be governed by British Law.